Our Parents Association is integral to the success of Stepaside Educate Together National School (SETNS). All parents and guardians of children attending SETNS are part of the Parents Association.
Parent Association Committee
Within the SETNS Parents Association, we have a Committee that plays an important role in supporting the partnership between the school and the children’s parents. The purpose of the Parents Association Committee (PAC) is to support the school by organising activities and social events for children and parents, and to fundraise where possible.
Currently the SETNS PAC is made up of 16 parents, 2 BoM parent reps and 1 teacher rep. It is comprised of a diverse group of people with many different skills who work well together in trying to achieve the very best for our school. To find out more about who is on the committee, you can MEET THE TEAM here.
What the committee does
One of the main objectives for the PAC is to improve the overall experience for parents, guardians, children and teachers within our school community. The committee achieves this by organising many events throughout the year. The PAC aims for a balance between social activities, fundraising events, and school engagement. The Committee meet once a month to discuss and plan such events and activities.
Here are some examples of what the Committee achieved in the 2018/19 school year:
• Extra-curricular activities programme for term 1, 2 & 3
• Halloween disco.
• Fundraising events throughout the year – Clothes recycle, Halloween sponsored walk, calendar
sales, t-shirt sale, bag packing weekend & Quiz night.
• World Book Day for the kids and a book swap for parents.
• Belarmine Clean up – encouraging community spirit within our school.
• Supporting school focus weeks such as Intercultural week and Engineering week.
• Our first Family fun day – and a fun day it sure was.
• Social activities for parents and guardians, including coffee mornings and Quiz night.
• Sports day.
• Internet Safety talk.
See the PAC news and events for more information https://tinyurl.com/yafrqvff
The PAC runs our school’s extra-curricular activity programme. The programme has a wide range of fun events for children. The PAC manages all bookings and payments through their online system. For more details on the activity programme, visit https://www.stepasideetns.ie/extra-curricular-activities-eca-faqs/
Why join the PAC?
Being a member of the PAC enables parents to gain greater insight into their child’s school life and learning. It also gives parents an opportunity to work together towards improving our school community.
How to become a member?
The Parents Association Committee holds an annual general meeting at the beginning of each school year, where new PAC members are nominated and confirmed. Please contact the PAC if you are interested in joining the committee, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t become a member but still want to get involved?
Not all parents can commit time to the PAC. However, there are plenty of other opportunities to get involved. Frequently, the PAC seeks support from parents and guardians for events, such as bag packs and sports day.
Finally, some suggested ways of staying in touch with the SETNS school community:
• Join your class WhatsApp group (see guidelines here https://tinyurl.com/y92zaam4). If you want to be added to your class group, email email@example.com.
• Visit our School Website: www.stepasideetns.ie
• Like the School Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/StepasideETNS/
• Join the private parents Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/stepasideETNS
• Email the Parents Association Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org