Extra-Curricular Activities (ECAs) should be fun for all the children involved. Parents/Guardians and children can help us by:
▪ Only enroll child(ren) in activities they are interested in attending
▪ Ensure the child(ren) is picked up on time
▪ The relevant guidelines, rules and approaches from the SETNS code of behaviour followed in the school are continued during all ECAs to ensure that all children can enjoy ECAs without disruption and upset. However the response to minor and major misdemeanours will be dealt with as outlined below in points 4-7. Please discuss the rules of the ECAs with your child(ren). To guarantee the
smooth running of classes, all children enrolled in any programme are expected to abide by the following rules:
1) Children will respect the rights of others to learn in a secure and happy environment and behave in a way that allows this.
2) Full co-operation, courtesy and respect for the teacher, other children and equipment is
required from everyone.
3) Children should always speak to each other and the adults involved in a polite fashion. Personal remarks - remarks about another person's family, personal habits, clothes or belongings, for example - can be hurtful. In the same way as they have no place at school, they have no place at ECAs.
4) Where children consistently show that they are not interested in the activity or in joining in with the group, or are being disruptive, parents will be advised. Please see other examples of minor/major misdemeanours below.
5) In the case of inappropriate behaviour, the teacher may ask the child to leave the class and stay with the ECA supervisor until pick up time to avoid disruption for other children.
6) Any inappropriate behaviour will be discussed by the teacher with parent/guardian.
7) If, after a warning, the inappropriate behaviour continues, or there is a serious misconduct, the child may be asked to leave the class permanently. No refunds will be given.
|Examples of minor misdemeanours include:
||Examples of major misdemeanours may include:
If you have any feedback or comments about ECA or these code of behaviour, please contact us at email@example.com.